Monday, September 17, 2012

Take Control of your Life Today!

Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside them was superior to circumstances. 
Bruce Barton

How much control do you feel you have over everyday life?  Every day many people feel they do not have total control over their own destiny.  In fact, some people fail to realise just how much control they can have over their own destiny.

Many people spend too much time on the Effect (or consequence) side of the Cause and Effect equation. 

Do you regularly use phrases such as:
  ....it wasn't my fault.....
  ....he/she makes me feel so unhappy....
  ....he/she wouldn't let me........
  ....I was manipulated......
  ....he/she ruins my life....
  ....he/she is a bad influence on me.....
  ....I have to walk on egg shells...
  ....my life is monotonous....
  ....I have too many commitments....
  ....I'm too old......

Do you go through life thinking:
  ....I feel scared and afraid to walk away....
  ....I'm afraid of change.....
  ....better the devil you know.....
  ....I can't do that......
  ....what if .......

If you recognize these sayings or thoughts, if you use them or think them regularly, you are on the CAUSE (intention) side of the equation which means that you are NOT IN CONTROL of your life and destiny.

The only way to be happy is to do what makes you happy and content.  If you rely on other people to make you happy, it will never happen.  You cannot blame people for your own unhappiness. Every adult has choices to make in life and choosing what is best for you is your choice and nobody elses; going with your 'gut instinct', having a feeling in your bones, intuitively knowing, or having an inkling, are all ways that your subconscious mind tells you what is best for you. We need to train ourselves to listen and take action. Trust your instincts and have the confidence within to follow your dreams and desires.  

Do you have regrets in life, not followed your hopes and dreams, let a chance or an opportunity pass you by and were then left feeling 'what if'?  These are opportunities that have presented themselves to you along your life path that, if you had taken, would have led you to a place other than where you are today....possibly to your dream destiny.  

Every opportunity, every decision, every choice you have made, for whatever reason, has led you to your current life.  If you had remained fully and totally on the CAUSE side of the equation, taken control, you would be content and happy with your life path, your decisions, choices, and,quite possibly, achieved your dreams and reached your desired destiny whether it be with respect to your career, your relationship, your spirituality, your health goals, or your finances.  
   
The vast majority of people fall on the EFFECT (consequence) side of the equation as it's the easy way out. It means sacrificing responsibility for your life and it's so much easier to blame others for your fears, thwarted ambition or failures.

A day dawns, quite like other days; in it, a single hour comes, quite like other hours; but in that day and in that hour the chance of a lifetime faces us.
Maltbie Babcock



Each day we are presented with opportunities to change our routines and move out of our comfort zone, but most people tend to listen to the voice of scepticism in their heads, listen to the 'negative messages' of their early, childhood years and doubt their own capabilities.  Nobody has or had the right to tell you that you are not good enough, never going to amount to much or that you cannot or will not succeed. The only way to find out if you can or will succeed is to set goals for your life, focus on that dream, see yourself achieving it - act 'as if' you have already achieved your goals and dreams. Ensure that you focus on your goal daily and make progress toward that goal each day. Remember, you get what you focus on. Learn to have the confidence to follow your dreams.   

Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul; the blue prints of your ultimate accomplishments.
Napoleon Hill



Begin today, tomorrow is too late. Address those negative thoughts, leave those phrases behind which lay the blame at somebody else's door. Take control  of YOUR life, take control of YOUR happiness. Begin living the life YOU want to lead in order to find your inner self fulfilment, your inner happiness, total congruence and alignment.  If you have the desire to change you are half way there! 



Ponder the following wise words inscribed on the tomb of an Anglican Bishop in Westminster Abbey (1100 A.D.)

When I was young and free and my imagination had no limits, I dreamed of changing the world. As I grew older and wiser, I discovered the world would not change, so I shortened my sights somewhat and decided to change only my country.
But it, too, seemed immovable.
As I grew into my twilight years, in one last desperate attempt, I settled for changing only my family, those closest to me, but alas, they would have none of it.
And now, as I lie on my deathbed, I suddenly realize: If I had only changed myself first, then by example I would have changed my family.
From their inspiration and encouragement, I would then have been able to better my country, and who knows, I may have even changed the world.




Inner happiness is achievable.  Hypnosis and NLP are tools that are very effective in helping you achieve your desired potential; start today before you reach the sunset of your life!

Until next time......
Maria 

No comments:

Post a Comment